Lost Time - Knight Online clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost Time - Knight Online clan - Ares server

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scrolls vs buffs

Go down 
+6
DrDuran
Atomic
hbuck
Magicshay
dillyking
Yenom
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Yenom
Admin
Admin
Yenom

Character sheet
Class:
Level:
NP::

Scrolls vs buffs Empty
PostSubject: Scrolls vs buffs   Scrolls vs buffs EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 7:25 pm

I'm gonna start this topic and I hope to hear from people regarding scrolls and buffs during PK. This is a "catch 22" I think and I hope to explain some of my thoughts and understand yours as well.

MUST SCROLL FOR PK

During PK, scrolls make a HUGE difference. When you get duffed, a priest only has to cure you and then your good to go, scrolls are still there. If your buffed, the priest has to cure, as well as rebuff. For a warrior who gets buffed, it's usually undy/ac/str/fresh mind. So if I'm running on buffs, and get duffed, the priest doesn't know what I lost and will have to cure then try to rebuff at least undy and ac. If you get iced, you will also lose your sw. Alot of times a duffer will lay down a party duff, thus everyone in the party will lose either ac or undy. If your priest hits a cure, and everyone is scrolled, the party is back to normal, if your on buffs the priest must undy/ac the entire party. While rebuffing no one will be getting heals and alot of people will die during that time. I mean how many times have you heard someone say" Damn I got debuffed, then died".

If yenom is running on scrolls and shay is running on buffs, this can also cause a problem. As we are in the middle of a fight and get debuffed, shay will ask for cure/ rebuff. While the priest is rebuffing shay, yenom is not getting the heals he needs and thus he dies. So I lose out on possible np's and die because shay didn't use scrolls(and she was probably afk Scrolls vs buffs Icon_rolleyes ).

During active pk/wars you will always hear in vent a debuff yelling out names of people he/she has debuffed. This is why I'm a huge fan of being scrolled during active pk. Just imagine being a priest and after 1 aoe debuff you have to party cure and then rebuff your entire party while healing cause the fight is still going on.

I DONT HAVE SCROLLS

With the market the way it is today, scrolls are not cheap. It is extremely hard to make coin, and therefore not everyone is gonna have scrolls. At the moment there is really nothing to farm to make the coins needed to but scrolls from merchant.

Of course during "slow times" we will pk on buffs, cause there might not be a duffer in the other party or there might be any orcs at all in cz.

Everyone gets a hell of alot more hp with undy. The problem is simple: if you get duffed/cured how much hp will you have? If you have 7K base hp with undy you will have 12K, with a 2K scroll you will have 9K. Once you get debuffed and cured with undy you will have 7K again, while if scrolled you will still have 9K.

This is a very hard topic to discuss because we have always wanted to have FUN while playing this broken ass game. If you can't have fun, it's not worth playing. So the debate rages on about scrolls and buffs during pk. I, myself, believe everyone should be scrolled during active PK, although I understand it's not that simple. I also think while there is no active PK we can run on buffs.

If we are in active PK and you dont have scrolls, ask in vent or PM myself or Shay and I'm sure we can share scrolls. I don't want someone to PK without because it will make the party that much weaker. Hopefully in the future we can figure out a way to make noah to buy what we need in merch, till then these are difficult times for all.

I hope to hear your comments on this, as it took me like 30 minutes to type all this crap, but I know it needed a topic to be opened so here it is Scrolls vs buffs Icon_clown .
Back to top Go down
dillyking

dillyking

Character sheet
Class: Mage
Level: 76
NP::

Scrolls vs buffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrolls vs buffs   Scrolls vs buffs EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 8:47 pm

Very valid point Mr Yenom.I scroll for everything but EXP as I die way way too much and I don't want priest to worry about rebuffing me when he can be curing/healing other party members. And I would feel guilty as hell if member died coz priest was wasting time on me... I'm used to dying Smile way of life now for me. But I agree market is very hard at the minute and scrolls are way to expensive..until we can find a way to make money then we are up s*&@ creek without a paddle :s
Back to top Go down
Magicshay
Admin
Admin

Scrolls vs buffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrolls vs buffs   Scrolls vs buffs EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 4:13 am

don't have scrolls: this is really hard I want people to pk and come to war w us and yet do understand some people just really cant afford them I am and always have been willing to share scrolls w anyone during rough times (it's about community family and working together so if people really need them then ofc I will help)
must scroll for pk: I have heard over and over aga in it's only 1 button why can't they buff me? Well as Yenom explained above it REALLY IS NOT 1 button and it hurts whole party during heavy pk
WITHIN REASON : the rule is scroll for active pk and war (if u cannot talk to me)
under no circumstances do we argue about it in clan chat at war tyvm Smile)))))))))
Back to top Go down
hbuck

Scrolls vs buffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrolls vs buffs   Scrolls vs buffs EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 4:22 am

OK OK i read it Shay !

All points are valid Yenom, I won't do war with out Scrolls, but i will at times PK simply because i can town when it gets to heated, and then choose to go back or drop all together. It's only about the fun for me, the rest is just icing.
Back to top Go down
Atomic

Character sheet
Class: Bad Priest
Level: 81
NP:: 1m+

Scrolls vs buffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrolls vs buffs   Scrolls vs buffs EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 4:25 am

well i think i made alot of this come up..cos i have baby alot of the warriors/other class in clan we when pk and i always buff everyone unless i say so.. so i got somewhat cause this?(i have got pm's to join other war partys cos of this) but yenom u did a good job on this. A+ to u....maybe some of the mages/warriors can read this and understand a lil more about priest. its a shame the cant play one for just 1 war and see how it is.. i bet they would never say another word bad about a priest again. well thats my 2 cent or maybe 1? not worth too much
Back to top Go down
DrDuran

Scrolls vs buffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrolls vs buffs   Scrolls vs buffs EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 4:44 am

Dead pk = buffs,
Active pk = Scrolls

we all know who is in cz these days on orc side, and for which kind of scrolls we must use for those reasons. Sometimes we can pk on buffs and when it gets heavy then we as a party need to decide to scroll together to keep the party strong and able to do what is needed to be pro pker's.

good point yenom I agree with you all the way.

Also to another point.
Attacking parties and being able to efficiently kill them in a coordinated way. Who want's to go and explain this one?
Back to top Go down
Magicshay
Admin
Admin

Scrolls vs buffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrolls vs buffs   Scrolls vs buffs EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 4:54 am

not your fault Atomic this is on going debate
lol Dean no ty to your challenge
Back to top Go down
Palladivm

Palladivm

Character sheet
Class: Priest
Level: 83
NP:: 650 k

Scrolls vs buffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrolls vs buffs   Scrolls vs buffs EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 7:48 am

Group complete healing (10 k) has the longest cool down of 6,4 seconds. So in the 6,4 seconds I fire Group massive healing ( 960 hp) and Bless of god (Cure duffs) before the big heal is back again

In this time of 6,4 seconds I also need to move around so I don’t get boxed in and get my skills cancelled, keep my mana up (these 3 skills costs me 3110 mana in all which is 1,6 soul pots so I will usually have to use my mana twice in this little time frame to make sure I don’t get critically low) try to position myself so the most of the group gets my heals and cures, and also pot when I can

Some times I can squeeze in two Bless of god, but that is not often because I have other things I need to do as well (As I wrote above) I try to do this but it’s not always possible.

In this time frame of not even 7 seconds, it is usually determined if we win or lose a fight. A real hectic fight doesn’t take much longer before one side yields or is TPed away

I tried to look up the actual casting time for the different skills but with no luck, otherwise I would have loved to do some math on the buff or scroll scenario so people can see exactly how damaging it is. Keeping people alive is often a question of milliseconds and in a really hectic battle you simply don’t have the luxury of buffing without killing someone. Especially not when it comes to divas that will sit down and spam angrily if they don’t get the exact buff they wanted

My main problem is with the people that always run on buffs no matter what the scenario is. Buffing on slow PK is just fine, no problem whatsoever with that. But as soon as we are in heavy PK you are plain and simply wasting your buffers time when you demand a buff that will be wiped 2½ seconds later and you are being selfish in taking the attention away from everyone else in the party

But I am well aware that all of my carefully picked arguments are falling on deaf ears for some people. They know
Back to top Go down
MA1N

Character sheet
Class: Mage
Level: 80
NP:: XXxxx

Scrolls vs buffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrolls vs buffs   Scrolls vs buffs EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 10:31 am

I might have miss those PTs, but i agree with yenom about being scrolled. Ever since i been in the clan parties everybody has scrolled or with agreement with priest/PT have buff wether its just be undy or AC, ive actually think we scrolled and sometimes gone to waste because we either dont have a priest or people to PK with or we are disorganized on who to attack, but that is a topic i think more experience Pkers should explain in vent while Pking. Besides this i think the clan is only improving..while game is not..exp: Pedals, NTs, Auto buff..blah..blah..blah making PK bad/hard.

My thoughts Scrolls vs buffs Icon_silent
Back to top Go down
UnHolyPaladiN

UnHolyPaladiN

Character sheet
Class: Arch Mage / Paladin
Level: 81 / 83
NP:: 196000 / 13000 :D

Scrolls vs buffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrolls vs buffs   Scrolls vs buffs EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 2:26 pm

I am experienced on priest, and well for mature people (playing game wise) should be common knowledge the fact of Pking on buffs is a clear disadvantage for ur own party.
Summarizing points stated by Palla and Yenom, pking on buffs, will only cause overhead on more prioritary stuff like curing, or healing.
Also take into account that Bless of God has a slower range than single cure, hence if you are Pking with a buffer and want to get cures, you should be in their castable range.

However I wanted to point out here, that cures/heals should be hierarchical for the different classes.
Mages 1st pls, then warriors, own priests, last but not least rogues, please no rogues asking for cure, thats embarrassing .
Back to top Go down
l2ampage

Scrolls vs buffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrolls vs buffs   Scrolls vs buffs EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 4:34 pm

Mmm i always SC and maybe ill bug for Undy once in a while cause id rather have 14K HP with 3500 AP instead of 10.4K HP with 2K SC and 2900 AP. Scrolls vs buffs Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scrolls vs buffs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrolls vs buffs   Scrolls vs buffs Empty

Back to top Go down

Scrolls vs buffs
Page 1 of 1