Lost Time - Knight Online clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost Time - Knight Online clan - Ares server

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Update APR Anti Hack, What u all think :) ?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Manilas

Manilas

Character sheet
Class: Warrior
Level: 75
NP:: Giving all nps above 100k to the clan :-)

Update APR Anti Hack, What u all think :) ? Empty
PostSubject: Update APR Anti Hack, What u all think :) ?   Update APR Anti Hack, What u all think :) ? EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:29 am

Quote :
"Hello Knight Online Players,

In an effort to deter users from
using cheats and creating an unfair playing environment additional
functions are being added to the APR anti-hack.

From this
point forward when a user is detected by the APR they will no longer
only be disconnected from the game, but banned for a 24 hour period. If
a player is banned 3 times in this way, the player will be permanently
banned.

The Knight Online Team"

Here is what I think!

The first clan member that gets banned for this bullshit because of K2`s fail, I`m all inviting you to join WoW and I will personally power level you.

/end rant Update APR Anti Hack, What u all think :) ? Lol
Back to top Go down
UnHolyPaladiN

UnHolyPaladiN

Character sheet
Class: Arch Mage / Paladin
Level: 81 / 83
NP:: 196000 / 13000 :D

PostSubject: Re: Update APR Anti Hack, What u all think :) ?   Update APR Anti Hack, What u all think :) ? EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 10:45 am

Still see the GB spammers in moradon.
And If I ever move to another game, it will be JPKO
Back to top Go down
Manilas

Manilas

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Update APR Anti Hack, What u all think :) ?   Update APR Anti Hack, What u all think :) ? EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 9:30 pm

UnHolyPaladiN wrote:
And If I ever move to another game, it will be JPKO

Okay, I'll power your then on my mighty level 33 Warrior on there XD
Back to top Go down
UnHolyPaladiN

UnHolyPaladiN

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Update APR Anti Hack, What u all think :) ?   Update APR Anti Hack, What u all think :) ? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 2:32 am

You know the steps to get an account there?
Back to top Go down
Manilas

Manilas

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Update APR Anti Hack, What u all think :) ?   Update APR Anti Hack, What u all think :) ? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 3:40 am

Used to know, registered my account 2 years ago.

But I can find it again if you would like to know.
Back to top Go down
UnHolyPaladiN

UnHolyPaladiN

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Update APR Anti Hack, What u all think :) ?   Update APR Anti Hack, What u all think :) ? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 12:25 pm

Yep pls.
I've heard there are like 5 different steps, which are not trivial.
Thx Mani
Back to top Go down
Manilas

Manilas

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Update APR Anti Hack, What u all think :) ?   Update APR Anti Hack, What u all think :) ? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 7:09 pm

Taken directly from KingOfKnights Smile

Before you can start your new adventure, you must register. The registration is done at the following page: http://www.mgame.jp/regist/step01.html.

In step 1 you must enter a valid e-mail address. You'll get the activation e-mail and you must click on the URL in it to continue registration. Since Japanese e-mails tend to land in the junk folders in non-Japanese e-mail services, make sure you check those as well. The activation e-mail expires in 48 hours, so if you don't get it by that time, try a different e-mail address.

You must view the page in Internet Explorer. You can view it in Firefox with Javascript disabled but you won't be able to complete the registration as it requires Javascript. So you have Javascript enabled.

But that also means you can't copy/paste ID's, passwords and e-mail addresses into the fields. You can't even press AltGr+V to insert the "@" symbol into the e-mail address. So you must temporarily switch to English keyboard layout (by pressing Alt+Shift or using the button on the right side of the system tray), which makes it possible to enter "@" by pressing Shift+2. After you enter your e-mail address you can switch back to the default keyboard layout.

You must fill in the registration form which looks like this:
Update APR Anti Hack, What u all think :) ? Jpkoregform
Notes:

• The "Name" field shows "山田太郎" (Japanese equivalent of "John Doe") as an example. However you get an error for many things you try to enter here. Using the same format as your "Nickname" (that also means no spaces) you won't get an error.
  • Make sure that the e-mail address you are using is not already used for a JPKO account (if you intend to make multiple accounts, keep notes of the e-mail addresses). This page won't warn you if the address is already in use and you'll face the truth after finishing with step 4.

After completing the first form, click on the continue button. However, you have another task to do...
Update APR Anti Hack, What u all think :) ? Jpkoregform2
... of course, it's the CAPTCHA! However, instead of entering letters you have to enter some of the following symbols (copy and paste):
あアかカさサたタなナはハまマやヤらラわワ
いイきキしシちチにニひヒみミ
りリゐヰ
うウくクすスつツぬヌふフむムゆユるル
んン
えエけケせセてテねネへヘめメ
れレゑヱ
おオこコそソとトのノほホもモよヨろロをヲ

(Note: this table is best viewed with fonts like Arial Unicode MS, which look exactly like the one used in the registration page. You can also use the Windows Character Map for help.) After filling in the correct characters, click on Complete then pray. If you don't get an error message but you aren't taken to the 4th step page (your browser says "Ready" and doesn't show signs of loading anything even after several seconds) you probably have chosen an e-mail address that is already in use, or just the system is making fun of you... unfortunately I don't know what exactly causes this (other than bad e-mail). You must start over the process from the beginning since the "Complete" button will be locked after the first click and it will keep telling you "registration in progress, please wait". Try again later and/or with different info.

If you do get to the 4th step, you can relax since the worst is over (unless you are making accounts in bulk, that is). You can look in your mail for the welcome e-mail which contains your password and all data entered in the registration form, but you don't have to click on any activation links.

Downloading a client

You can download the client from the following location:
http://downftp.mgame.co.jp/pub/knightonline/full/KnightOnlineSetup.exe.

Alternatively, if you already have USKO installed, you can avoid downloading a 700 MB file and instead use the Cross patch, which must be extracted into an USKO directory with version 1744 (higher may work but lower versions might miss important files) and turns it into JPKO version 1787. If you want to keep your USKO installation as well, you must make a copy of your installation. Since JPKO installs into X:\MgameJP\KnightOnline (replace X with whatever drives you have), you should copy the folder to this name and then extract the Cross patch into it, overwriting all files.

This is only recommended if you have decent knowledge about computers and Windows. If you don't, downloading the JPKO installer and letting it install on its own is probably more time-saving than messing around with the Cross patch and asking people around for help.
Back to top Go down
UnHolyPaladiN

UnHolyPaladiN

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Update APR Anti Hack, What u all think :) ?   Update APR Anti Hack, What u all think :) ? EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 8:51 pm

Nice Info Mani, lets say, I wanna use the cross patch.. Once I do this, I will lose the USKO client being overwritten by the JPKO one, or thats why the recommend to make a copy of the already isntalled USKO?
Also If I decide to download the JP KO client, it will not interfere with the US KO one?
What servers are the USKO players playing?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Manilas

Manilas

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Update APR Anti Hack, What u all think :) ?   Update APR Anti Hack, What u all think :) ? EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 4:31 am

Cross patch will replace UsKo by JpKo.

Installing JpKo from their client should not replace UsKo. (I'm saying should since like I said, I used to play JpKo 2 years ago and UsKo was in the folder program files. Don't know if it will now interfere.)

As for what servers users are playing on, you might want to check these topics

http://www.gamers4life.com/forums/f20/jpko-server-you-playing-287552/
http://www.gamers4life.com/forums/f20/come-japanese-ko-286201/
http://www.gamers4life.com/forums/f20/join-together-jpko-280031/ (This one is a big topic)
http://forum.knightonlineworld.com/forum_en//index.php?showtopic=224364
Back to top Go down
UnHolyPaladiN

UnHolyPaladiN

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Update APR Anti Hack, What u all think :) ?   Update APR Anti Hack, What u all think :) ? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 2:34 am

I am going to play JPKO till I get my priest account back. I am bored of waiting for a response, so Im going to give it a try.
Thx Mani for the info
Back to top Go down
Manilas

Manilas

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Update APR Anti Hack, What u all think :) ?   Update APR Anti Hack, What u all think :) ? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 3:19 am

NP Deh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update APR Anti Hack, What u all think :) ?   Update APR Anti Hack, What u all think :) ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Update APR Anti Hack, What u all think :) ?
Page 1 of 1